Today we make bacon and chicken mac and cheese… well… rotini and cheese. I chose rotini for this recipe because it has more spirarly surface area to capture cheesy goodness.
1. 5 thin sliced chicken breasts, 6 strips of extra thick center cut bacon, a stick of butter, panko, flour, adobo, pepper, chicken boullion, sharp yellow cheddar, smoked white cheddar, and a cheese with a fancy name like Gruyere. Now set your damn oven to 350.
2. Season chicken with adobo and pepper, cut bacon into inch long pieces and grate cheese.
3. Bring enough water to boil for 8 servings of rotini according to the box, add 4 tablespoons of broth.
4. Add 8 services of rotini…obviously.
5. Fry bacon in a pan
6. Set aside bacon and cook chicken in bacon fat. Remember, we don’t fast fucking precious bacon fat here.
7. Slice chicken into pieces and set aside.
8. Drain pasta but save broth. Melt a stick a butter (Paula Dean would approve) and add a half cup of flour and stir. Slowly add grated cheese and stir till smooth. Resist urges to eat all the cheese.
9. Add pasta, bacon and chicken and stir that shit up.
10. Place into a dish that will actually fit all of it and coat the top with panko crumbs. Bake in oven until the top browns.
11. Enjoy bitches. Yes I burned part of it. Deal with it.