1. Fresh tuna steaks, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, wasabi powder, panko. If your fish smells fishy then it ain’t fresh enough for this recipe!
2. Add some wasabi powder to a soy sauce base
3. Mix in some sesame seeds and a bit of ginger (yes a bit is my measurement)
4. Mix the tuna in the marinade.
5. Let the tuna marinate for an hour while you take care of some important shit.
6. Heat some sesame oil in a pan (or another oil if you want to use a higher heat)
7. Coat the steaks in panko.
8. Sear on high for a short bit on each side. Cook it too long and well it’s not really seared ahi tuna anymore now is it?
9. Slice thinly
10. Goes well with asparagus, coconut rice or an arugula salad. Yes, those are lightsaber chopsticks.