What madness is this? A recipe using only FOUR ingredients?! Not even oil or salt because Bacon provides its own lubrication and deliciousness?! AND IT’S USING A SLOW COOKER SO I CAN DO OTHER SHIT WHILE IT COOKS DINNER FOR ME?! (And goes great with roasted potatoes). I was going to do my take on shepherd’s pie but I didn’t want to get into to the debate of whether it was English or Irish (can we use Engrish for that too?). However, A slow-cooked bacon kraut corned beef brisket was too delicious to pass up.
1. That’s it. 6 slices of bacon 3-4 lb corned beef brisket, a bag of kraut and a box of beef broth!
2. Cut up the bacon and fry it up till almost crispy. Throw it in the cooker
3. WHOA WHOA! Don’t throw away perfectly good bacon grease! The hell is wrong with you? brown both sides of the brisket for a couple minutes in that delicious bacon fat. Throw it in the cooker
4. Let the kraut fry for a couple minutes and soak up the rest. Throw it in the cooker
5. Add in enough broth to not quite cover the brisket. Cook for 6-8 hours on high and go to work or go shopping or take a nap. I don’t care just don’t stare at it for 8 hours like a dumbass
6. Have a happy St. Patrick’s Day.