Sorry for the hiatus. That pesky life thing is getting in the way again. STAY TUNED
Our guest oksothen is back again! This time bringing us some sweet motherfucking goodness.
1. Shit you need: 4 yams, a handful of brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, dash of nutmeg, coarse salt, 4 tbsp butter (use real fucking butter or you may regret it)
1. Shit you need: 4 eggs, 24 ounces of cream cheese, half a stick of butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 1/4 cups of sugar, 7 ounce bag of ginger snaps and 2 1/4 ounce bag of pecans. 1 tablespoon cinnamon and one cup of pumpkin which you can obtain by following the first four steps of THIS
3. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan and place into oven
6. It will look like this…look at…. so beautiful. Remove from oven and let cool for more than at least 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more. You’ll be tempted to dive right into it, DON’T FUCKIN’ DO THAT!
I made some things and I am in the process of making some even better things! If you like to buy things, visit the FILTS Store . New recipe coming soon, involving pumpkin again. You didn’t think I’d let fall pass and thanksgiving come without a pumpkin recipe did you?!
Pucker up Emeril wannabes! I have received my first guest recipe. My buddy oksothen submits her sweet hot chili sauce recipe and, more importantly, you finally have photos taken by someone who doesn’t have photography skills akin to young Helen Keller directing a Broadway musical.
1. Shit you need: 3-4 lbs of assorted hot peppers (whatever the fuck you like), sugar, pectin, distilled vinegar, red food coloring. Also, wear gloves so you don’t burn out your eyes, mouth, lips or genitalia later when you touch them with your peppery-ass fingers.
2. Wash and clean seeds out of peppers. Chop until you have 4 cups worth of chopped up pepper. At the same time, measure out 5 cups of sugar.